Friday, August 8, 2008

Biligual Emcee & Host ;-)

Emcee/hosting is something that I stop doing for a while and something that I desire to do it again.....

Finally I was given a chance to host, sing and dance for a Nurses Day on 4 August 2008 for Grace Lodge Home!

Before the show, I spent more than a week doing nothing but practicing my voice, dance, memorizing the lyricists, preparing the program list and games....I practice until I lose my voice!
Finally after finishing a few bottles of honey in that week, I manage to regain my "sweet" voice. (Just jocking......)


At the event day itself, I was so excited and nervous. At the beginning I said something wrongly like pronouncing the word wrongly and etc...... luckily, I manage to pull things through during my singing and dancing session. I manage to get a male guest and a female nurse to sing a simple yet meaningful songs- "You Are My Sunshine". I selected thing song because in fact the nurses are really our sunshine. Nowadays Singaporeans are so busy until some of them neglected their parents. If these nurses didn't offer their service in Singapore, I really don't know what will happen to our elderly parents.

Also, some friendly aunty volunteered to sing some Mandarin, Cantonese and Hokkien Songs with me.

The crowd is slightly different from other events as for functions like Nurses Day, there are alot of well chair bound old folks, Myanmar Nurses and limited guest of honor. So it is a bit tricky for the audience participation part. The peak of the show arises when I started a "treasure hunt" game. I manage to bring up the chef of Grace Lodge Home, another male and female guest with handkerchief and make them dance accordingly to the DJ's music. The crowd cheered!

After that, I follow with my Hawaiian Dance - "Hawaii Five O". I brought up 2 male guest, 1 female guest and 2 nurses. After dressing up all the grass dress and flower accessories. I demonstrated how to dance and post right infront of the audience(not dancing on the stage). The crowd was crazy about it, and the dancer are very "talented". The made the crowd cheered and the dance is full of laughter! Finally, when I get the guest to vote for the best dancer, the both guys won(obviously)!!! :-)

After the mime(Roy) and magic show, we proceed to the lucky draw session and with the special request from the floor, I ended the event by singing a famous Chinese Song "Lao Shu Ai Da Mi" with 4 other nurses on the stage. All guest sang along and we ended in a sweet and warm-hearted manner ;-)


P/S: Roy didn't manage to get a good video as he was performing in certain part of the event. So I will just post a photo taken after the show as a memory.

No comments: