Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Emcee for Health Promotion Board

Emcee Samson called me for a show last Friday night(3 October 2008) and asked me to be his partner and emcee for Health Promotion Board on the next day.

It was so LAST MINUTE as there's a communication breakdown within the agent and the client. The client was requesting for a bilingual emcee and apparently Sam is bilingual but only speaks conversational Mandarin and the show required the emcee to speak perfect Mandarin and read out a lot of medical information in Mandarin which is almost impossible for Sam.

The problem with Singapore event organizer request for bilingual emcee but they didn't feed the emcee the exact requirement.

"THE SHOW MUST GO ON" I agree with Sam, although last Saturday I already have 2 shows, I just take on the gig and co-hosted with Sam.

After receiving the program around 11pm(night), I burn the mid night oil to work on the program list and script!

The next day I was there around 11am(the show start at 2pm) for rehearsal. After all the hard work..... finally we manage to put on a fantastic show although this is the first time I work with Sam..... we manage to build up the chemistry in a very short whiles time and my partner - Roy was really shock of it!


Apparently the client was very happy about the show as we manage to spice up the crowd and I even throw in FREE TRANSLATION during the Q&A session as the doctors speak limited Mandarin and most of the guest are CHANNEL 8(Mandarin Speakers).


I am pleased about my work :-)

No comments: